Mabest Academy is committed to achieving academic excellence by using the best curricula. What is curriculum? A curriculum is the combination of the ‘roadmap’ or ‘guideline’ of any given discipline. It is the combination of instructional practices, learning experiences and students’ performance assessment that are designed to bring out and evaluate the target learning outcomes of a particular issues. Mabest Academy curriculum is designed in such a way that all learners are prepared and challenged for the future because it meets the requirements of both the Nigerian system and the British system of Education.
The school’s aim is to develop a curriculum that builds on students’ experiences and helps all students to become successful learners, valuable citizens, self-reliant individuals and effective leaders
Specifically, our curriculum aims to help our students:
- achieve high standards in their learning and make excellent progress
- value their learning outside the formal academic curriculum
- have and be able to use high quality personal, learning and thinking skills and
- have and be able to use high quality functional skills, including key literacy, numeracy and ICT skills.
Our Curriculum Outcomes
Mabest Academy’s Curriculum:
- fulfils the statutory requirements of both Nigerian and British Curricula,
- leads to qualifications that are of value to potential employers and for entry into higher education, both internationally and locally,
- meets the needs of students of all abilities and aptitudes within the school,
- enables learners to fulfil their potentials,
- value their learning outside the formal academic curriculum,
- helps learners to develop lively, enquiring minds and the ability to think critically,
- helps learners to use language and numbers effectively,
- helps learners develop personal moral values, respect for religious values and tolerance for other races, beliefs and ways of life,
- provides a key stage for curriculum which fully prepares students for both IGCSE and WASSCE.
At Mabest Academy, we prepare our Year 9 students for Nigerian Basic Education Certificate Examination(BECE) and the Cambridge Checkpoint while our Year 12 students are prepared for Cambridge IGCSE, SAT. WASSCE, UTME & IELTS.
MABEST SIXTH FORM COLLEGE
A Sixth Form College is an educational institution where students of age 16 to 19 typically study for advanced school-level qualifications such as AS/A- levels and the International Baccalaureate Diploma. The Cambridge International Examinations under the administration of the British Council is the Awarding Body of the AS/A – levels certificate. Mabest Sixth Form College fee is very affordable compared to what other sixth form colleges charge. For more information about the fee, kindly contact the school.
The subjects that learners are to select from, depending on the faculties they intend to study are also highlighted below:
- English language
- Financial Accounting
- Literature in English
- Religious Studies
- Business Studies